Smartika Pure Hill Honey is authentic as it is sourced from native tribes of the Western Ghats of Tamilnadu. Smartika Honey may contain bee pollen, wax, propolis, honeycomb bits, etc. which are indications of unfiltered, pure honey. It is claimed that bee pollen present in raw honey helps prevent and cure some forms of cancer.
Color, texture and taste of Smartika honey may vary slightly across different batches as these properties very much depend on the flora that blooms in the particular season of the year.
Raw honey has a slightly bitter taste. Tends to crystallize as it is not processed, hence becomes thick and creamy in the course of time.
- Honey provides 46 calories in a serving of one tablespoon (15 ml.)
- Honey is regarded as safe when not taken in excessive amounts.
- Main uses of honey are in cooking, baking, desserts, can be substituted for sugar in many dishes, though not advisable to add in hot milk.
Applications and Benefits of Honey
- Face-packs and Scrubs - Make your own natural and chemical free beauty products
- Honey can replace sugar in meals, providing a healthier option.
- Can be added to fresh fruits juice, cold beverages, porridge, etc
- To a glass of hot water, 1 spoon of raw honey and a spoon of lime juice to be added and had in empty stomach in the morning for best result.
- Boosts immunity
- Natural cough suppressant for children above 1 year as well as elders
- Rich antioxidants reduce
- Signs of aging
- Risk of heart problems
- Risk of some forms of cancer
- Oral antibiotic